The Benefits of Vibroacoustic Therapy
Vibroacoustic therapy is a safe, drug-free, non-invasive approach to reducing pain and anxiety and improving quality of life. Whether you are suffering from work overload or are dealing with a serious medical condition, vibroacoustic therapy is a powerful modality that will help you relax and allow healing to take place.
You can go to a trained therapist for a serious medical condition, or purchase a vibroacoustic system for your own use at home or work. Either way, you will benefit from the power of vibroacoustics.
Vibroacoustic therapy can be used in conjunction with any other therapy, whether it is Western allopathic medicine or alternative therapies. An Estonian physician, Professor Saima Tamm, has said that VAT is “an adaptogenous therapy which has an effect to adapt itself to the needs of the patient. The body listens for signals which are needed in order to obtain full harmony, and start processes in the body which eventually will satisfy the signaled needs.”
Over 40 years of research have shown vibroacoustics to be effective for:
- stimulating blood circulation and reducing blood pressure
- improving range of motion
- decreasing experience of pain
- addressing both the physical and psychological aspects of pain
- reducing stress
- promoting a feeling of calm and peace
- reducing nausea, headache, anxiety, fatigue and depression
- reducing hyperactivity
- development of sensory awareness
- changing viscosity of phlegm in lungs
- skin surface massage and deep tissue massage
- deep massage of intestines (often resulting in correction of constipation)
- reducing stress-hormone levels (Cortisol, Beta-endorphin and ACTH)
- stimulating effect on the CNS.
- auditory and physical stimulation
- enhancement of communication skills
How soon will Vibroacoustic Therapy work?
VAT has an immediate and pleasurable effect, but some effects can appear several hours, often days, after the therapy session. Repeated therapy sessions will increase the cumulative effect of the therapy series.
The most positive effects of Vibroacoustic Therapy can be found in treatment of:
- COPD/Asthma/Bronchitis Cerebral Paresis
- Cystic Fibrosis Spastic conditions/cramps
- Irregular Bowel Syndrome
- Neck, Shoulder and Back pains & Backache
- Stomach pains/colic
- Frozen shoulder
- Arthritis & Joints
- Impaired blood circulation
- Sport injuries
- Menstrual pains –
- Pre-menstrual tension (PMT)
- Headache, Migraine
- Muscular Over-use Syndrome
- Kidney stones
- Post-operative conditions including knee and hip replacements
- Rett Syndrome
Is there any risk involved?
More than 40000 hours of therapy have been provided to patients in Europe and USA. There is not a single report of risk or mishap. No significant adverse effects have also been found. However, some patients may experience nausea during the first couple of sessions.
- Active or borderline psychosis
- Open wounds, external or internal bleeding (except menstrual)
- Recent thrombosis
- Pregnancy (not because side-effects have been experienced, but because we are cautious!)
If you have any questions about vibroacoustic therapy, do not hesitate to CONTACT us.